This is the RMP60 upgrade kit #RI-5742-0001. Current users of MP14, MP16 or MP18 radio probes may upgrade to RMP60. A complete working system (MP3 probe, transmission system, MI14 or MI16 interface and RMM antennas) must be exchanged.
The RMP60 upgrade kit includes:
- RMP60 probe
- RMI-Q radio machine interface
- Receiver mounting bracket
- Sealtite kit
RMP60 is a radio transmission part probing system ideal for use on all machine tools and features an integrated probe module delivering exceptional robustness and generous overtravel. It complies with FCC regulations and operates in the 2.4 GHz range. RMP60 delivers interference-free transmission through the use of FHSS (frequency hopping spread spectrum).
RMP60 supports three methods of probe activation:
- Radio-on: The probe is turned on via an RF signal produced by the RMI and initiated by an M code. The probe is turned off via an RF signal or the internal timer.
- Spin-on: The probe is turned on via an internal centrifugal switch. The probe is turned off via the centrifugal switch or the internal timer.
- Switch-on The probe is turned on and off via a switch incorporated into the shank, activated when the probe is loaded into the spindle.